Lower Back Pain?
Here is what you should know
At the American Back Center, we offer a holistic treatment for back pain using Chiropractic Care, Acupuncture, Massage, Functional Medicine & Nutrition and Spinal Decompression (also called as VAX-D).
Lower Back Pain is a really serious problem and if you want to avoid back pain it is recommended to get at least 30 to 45 minutes of physical exercise every day, have a regular sleeping pattern, have an active lifestyle, move as much as possible, watch what you eat and try to limit your time watching TV.
Here are a few quick facts on back pain…
- Low back pain is the #1 cause of disability in the United States and across the world.
- As many as 31 million Americans suffer from back pain at any point of time.
- Back pain is the second most common reason for people to visit a doctor in America and one of the most common reasons for people to miss work.
- Over 50 percent of working age Americans have back pain at least some point in their lives.
- Americans spend over $50 billion a year on various treatments for back pain.
What’s the best treatment for back pain?
Back surgery or spinal surgery for back pain is not the best treatment for back pain as it has a low success rate. Recovery from the surgery can be slow and painful and extremely frustrating. Doctors recommend surgery as a last resort, when everything else fails.
While prescription drugs or opiods offer instant pain relief in some cases, they don’t actually treat the pain and don’t make the pain go away. Worse, opiod use often leads to addiction and overdose.
Chiropractic treatment, or non-drug, non-invasive therapies for low-back pain are considered to be far more effective than prescription opioids. Non-surgical treatments for back pain such as spinal decompression or VAX-D, which is performed by highly qualified chiropractors, have a very good success rate.
Visit us at the American Back Center for the best and the most holistic treatment for back pain in Chicago. Call (855) 962-3621 or click here to book an appointment with Dr. Chris Edginton DC, the leading chiropractor in Chicago and his team of highly skilled specialists.