Today’s companies are becoming increasingly introspective and more concerned for the mental, emotional and physical health of their workforce. A positive work culture that emphasizes a work/life balance and healthy living have been shown to boost morale, increase productivity and lower healthcare expenses. For instance, one recent study found that employees who eat healthy foods exclusively had absenteeism rates that were 27% lower than their peers; those who exercised three times a week were 15% more likely to have increased productivity.
The fact is, employees who are engaged with their company’s culture – and that culture promotes healthy living – are happier, miss less work, and contribute more to their workplace. Since 1985, the American Back Center has recognized the relationship between improved employee health, increased efficiency and reduced healthcare costs.
As a way of educating your workforce we offer free, interesting and informative, on-site wellness seminars. Many companies call these “lunch-and-learns”. Given by either Dr. Andrea Medina or Dr. Chris Edginton, these presentations are approximately one hour on a variety of topics of your choice. Past presentations include:
- Sitting on the Job: The “Downtown Disease” and how to avoid it.
- Protect your immune system from everyday challenges.
- VaxD / Spinal Decompression: A non-surgical treatment for neck & back pain.
- Positive mood: Naturally & safely.
- How to lift a couch: Tips & exercise for back pain prevention.
- Metabolic Detox: What is it & do I need one?
To schedule a wellness workshop, contact us by phone or email. We hope to see you soon!
P: (312) 939-4121 Email: email@example.com
Companies We Trust
Programs We Offer
Workshops and Seminars
American Back Center workshops and seminars are extremely popular among Chicago corporations. One of our experts will come to your workplace and deliver a lively, informative presentation around a specific health issues.
Our presentations cover the following topics – and more
- Diabesity: focuses on diabetes, its connection between obesity and Type I diabetes, and how to lower your risk of type 1 diabetes.
- Water: focuses on the benefits of water, signs of dehydration, calculating your daily water goal, and key points about bottled versus tap water.
- Fiber: focuses on the types of fiber and the health benefits of incorporating more fiber in our diet.
- Fats: focuses on what fat is, decoding good and bad fats, and why we need good fats in our diet.
- Inflammation: focuses on the surprising link between inflammation (known as the “silent killer”) and chronic diseases.
- Toxins and Detoxification: focuses on pesticides, chemicals, and toxins in the food we eat and our daily life and how to properly detoxify our body.
- Dairy/Gluten: focuses on common signs and symptoms associated with dairy/gluten and dairy/gluten alternatives.
- Reading Food Labels: focuses on how to navigate deceptive marketing and how to accurately read labels to choose the right foods.
- Interactive Stress Presentation: presentation is interactive with tea, aromatherapy, Qi Gong, and introduction to acupuncture.
- GMOs in Foods: What are GMOs? This presentation addresses this and other related questions such as: What are the potential risks to our health from genetically modified organisms in foods? Which crops are genetically modified the most, and what are the easiest ways to avoid GMOs?
- Superfoods: focuses on what ‘superfoods’ are and why a healthy diet incorporating a variety of ‘super foods’ will help you maintain your weight, fight disease and live longer.
- Proper Nutrition: Best Defense, Ultimate Cure: focuses on understanding the basic principles that underlie good health. Learn simple, key, practical solutions for improving your vitality and well-being and for achieving and maintaining good health through nutrition.
- Stress: Controlling its Effects: explains what stress is, how it compromises the health of the body, and what can be done to minimize its effects and keep it under control.
- Sitting on the Job: Learn how to correctly set up your workstation to avoid headaches, neck pain and carpal tunnel syndrome. Also learn two-minute Pressure Point exercises and desk stretches that will help prevent these painful conditions.
- Back Pain: How to prevent it & eliminate it: this presentation educates participants about the underlying causes of back pain and provides the knowledge and tools needed to prevent and eliminate it.
- Heart Health: Heart Disease is the #1 cause of death in the U.S. That is why it is so important to reduce your risk factors, know the critical warning signs, learn the key components of a healthy heart lifestyle, and face up to your own specific risk factors.
- Blood Pressure & Hypertension: High blood pressure is another “silent killer,” and early detection is crucial. In this workshop learn what high blood pressure is and how it affects the eyes, heart, brain, and kidneys. Also, learn simple steps to reduce blood pressure and keep it at an optimal level.
- Toxins in Personal Care Products: presentation focusing on the toxins absorbed through the skin daily from men and women’s personal care products. Learn health risks associated with many of the ingredients and ways you can reduce your risk to toxic chemicals through alternative products.
Therapeutic Massage or Pressure Point Therapy: Pressure point therapy is a way to help reduce the stress you body is feeling. During pressure point therapy our staff will find and locate specific, active pressure points and try to reduce the tension in the muscle that is held to tight.
Posture Analysis Screening: Have your picture taken next to a posture and body-alignment grid and work one-on-one with a doctor to visually analyze the photo; learn simple, easy-to-do techniques to correct posture and make you look younger and more vibrant.
Toxicity Screening: Did you know that the pH of your body affects every aspect of your health? pH levels regulate, effect and control practically everything in nature, including your body. When your body is pH balanced, it is full of vitality.
Blood Pressure Screening & Stress Test: The only way to tell if you have high blood pressure is to have your blood pressure checked. Our staff teaches each participant the difference between systole BP and diastole BP and what BP measurements mean for their health. Ragland’s test, a unique method of measuring blood pressure to determine adrenal function (health of stress gland) is also used.
Computer Assisted Spinal Analysis by PulStar: The PulStar uses a handheld Impulse Head containing Piezoelectric Sensors and is connected to a sophisticated computer program. Each vertebrae or other joint is analyzed for proper function and then displayed as a graph providing both doctor and patient with precise information regarding joint function.
Cholesterol Screening: American Back Center’s trained staff provides all the necessary supplies to come and screen your staff on-site for the following: LDL (Low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol, HDL (High-density lipoprotein) cholesterol, Triglycerides, and Glucose *Please note: this screening has a fee of $15 per employee
Body Composition Analysis Screening: Through body composition analysis, we measure an individual’s Body Fat Percentage, Muscle Mass Index and other internal health markers. It is a reliable, sophisticated, painless and quick procedure that will measure true internal health.
Gait Analysis – Pain Management & Injury: Many people are unable to do the activities they enjoy due to back, hip, knee or foot pain. Often, a gait analysis can help pinpoint the reasons for these problems and help get you back to the activities that you enjoy.
American Back Center recognizes the importance of proper nutrition – which is why we have created an intensive program to provide you with the most scientifically-based facts about food and supplements.
It’s hard to believe, but the majority of Americans are deficient in many essential nutrients. Even more mindboggling, a lot of the foods we eat are devoid of nutrition. So it’s important to know where to get the best foods and supplements.
Because all supplements are not created equal, quality is our number one priority. Effectiveness and safety are our main concern with the supplements we sell so we offer only top-of-the-line, pharmaceutical-grade nutritional products. We carry Metagenics, which is purity-certified to exceed all national and international standards, as well numerous other products that can be ordered online, over the phone or at the clinic.
Our practitioners have made nutritional supplementation a regular component of many programs; however, we also recognize and teach that nutritional supplemental is most effective when combined with a healthy diet, regular exercise and positive lifestyle choices.
American Back Center offers patients a 10% discount on any order placed on the last Wednesday of each month. We also present regular in-house seminars to educate patients about nutritional supplements for specific needs. To learn about our featured product is this month, visit MidwestAmericanHealth.com
If you have questions about starting nutritional supplementation or concerning your current supplement routine, please call to make an appointment with one of our nutrition coaches.