Every step you take can, quite literally, be a step in the wrong direction.
Your gait is the manner or style of your walk â€“ and it is unique for everyone. Unfortunately, bad habits such as poor posture and other factors can cause us to walk in a way that isnâ€™t all that healthy for our bodies.
Itâ€™s hard to grasp that the way you walk (and in general how you move) can contribute to illness, but itâ€™s true. Pain, running injuries, arthritis, knee and back issues and numerous other health problems can all be linked to the biomechanics of how you move.
By having a professional analysis of your gait, our practitioners will be able to provide recommendations that can reduce pain, prevent injury and improve performance. Itâ€™s also a great way to boost your confidence.
Poor posture can also cause a wide range of health problems, including:
- improper breathing
- lack of blood/oxygen flow to the muscles,Â the brain and other vital organs
- chronic pain and tension in the neck, back, hips, shoulders and chest
- herniated disc, pinched nerves, frozen shoulder, sciatica and other painful conditions
- physical deformity such as swayback or neck hump
- decline in physical attractiveness
- feelings of ugliness or low self-worth
- anxiety and depression
- stomach upset or digestive disorders
- chronic fatigue, and numerous other problems
Take a step in the right direction â€“ come visit us at American Back Center.
Weâ€™ll get you up and walking like a pro in no time.
Learn more about our manyÂ physical therapy options and why we are the leading back pain clinicÂ in Chicago.Â