Research Results Show High Percentage Healing without surgery
Back pain is a prevalent condition that affects around 80% of adults at some point in their lives. In fact, it is one of the most common reasons of missed-work days while also being the sixth most costly condition in the USA. The back pain, for most individual is usually sudden – an outcome of muscle strain caused by lifting something heavy. However, it can also develop with age or result from conditions like arthritis, scoliosis, and osteoporosis.
Fortunately, some episodes of back pain are short-term and often resolve with lifestyle changes and painkillers. Below are some ways of treating back pain..
1. Take a diet that is considered anti-inflammatory or helps lower the inflammation levels in the body. Studies also show that processed and sugary foods can increase inflammation in the body, causing enhanced pain in the affected area. Instead, go for a diet that includes a variety of vegetables, fruits, nuts, fish, and whole grains.
2. Although exercise may be turmoil for people with back pain, taking part in muscle strengthening workouts can help in reducing back and neck pain.
3. Researchers have often linked obesity with low back pain, especially in men. This is because being overweight can put an increased pressure on the back spine and strain the muscles. Losing some weight can help reduce the intensity of back pain and ensure a better quality of life for the individual.
4. Physical therapy, under the guidance of a licensed practitioner has been shown help with a faster recovery with most injuries..
5. Ensuring correct posture when sitting for long periods of time. Using wearables and chairs with proper ergonomic can also help provide relief from back and shoulder pain.
6. VAX-D treatment deserves a special mention. It is a non-surgical method to alleviate back pain. The process works by simultaneously stretching and relaxing the lower back spine in order to relieve the pressure on the structures of the spine. The non-invasive method is the only patented treatment clinically proven to decrease disc pressures that are a common factor of back pain.
American Back Center in Chicago specializes in VAX-D and is the go to clinic regarding this highly successful treatment.